Good morning darlings, can you believe we’ve had snow? What witchcraft is this? It has been beautifully Autumn and then POW!!! For one night only snow.
Take a bite of the apple my pretty.
A good enough reason to eschew le duster.
Ghoulish green gargle. It tastes better than it looks.
A buffet fit for All Hallows’ eve. Complete with eye of newt and toe of bat.
Tea with the girls.
One always preferred Milk Tray to Black Magic. It may have had something to do with the delivery chap.
Chopped bat anyone?
Tapanade. James Martin
– 1 garlic clove, crushed
– 1 lemon, juice only
– 3 tbsp capers, chopped
– 6 anchovy fillets, chopped
– 250g/9oz black olives, pitted
– small bunch fresh parsley, chopped
– salt and freshly ground black pepper
– 2-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. To make a rough textured tapenade, simply mix all the ingredients together, adding enough olive oil to form a paste.
2. For a smoother texture, tip the garlic, lemon juice, capers and anchovy into a food processor and process for about 10 seconds. Add the olives and parsley and enough olive oil to make a paste.
3. Season to taste if necessary.