Good morning my darlings, I slept badly so am a grumpy puss today. Ones thick head may have something to do with it.
Mr.Lee and I had a few drinkie poos and how I suffer afterwards.
As you must be now well aware I am in LOVE with Ina and shall be moving in shortly.
Having not had the real gear ( caviar) for quite some time we bought some salmon roe to doll up a fish dish. It wasn’t used so was promptly made into a dip.
Thank you Ina
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced dill, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 scallion,( spring onion minced (white and green parts)
- 1 tablespoon milk, half-and-half, or cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt( maldon will do)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 100 grams good salmon roe
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese until smooth. With the mixer on medium speed, add the sour cream, lemon juice, dill, scallion, milk, salt, and pepper. With a rubber spatula, fold in 3/4 of the salmon roe. Spoon the dip into a bowl and garnish with the remaining salmon roe and sprigs of fresh dill.
I didn’t use the mixer my darlings. There would have been more washing up and it was all too easy by hand.
Serve with crisps, toasts, or crackers.
I like celery too.